Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lesson: Always keep your guard up

He tells me he knows, yet I still doubt his ability to look at her through my eyes. Everyone tells him she's not right for him, but he chooses to disbelieve. It's been almost 3 years of false hopes, doubts, and sincerity.

She grew up from a superior family, always looking down on everyone. Gossiping about nonsense, and judgmental illness. She tells me her family isn't like the norm, they won't love her unless she pleases them. I thought bull shit. She had the better house, the better grades, and in her opinion the better 'personality'. In her mind she was that 'one in a million'. She was the prettiest of her race, and the smartest in her circle of friends. She wasn't afraid to be called conceited, she thought it was jealousy from others. Believe me, the only thing I'm jealous of .. is her ability to manipulate others, otherwise - there was noting to be jealous of.

He grew up from the more hard working family. Counting eggs making sure no food was wasted, because it was too precious. He fell in love with her. Why? She was the only and first girl who took her time to send him a message on IM. He never believed anything anyone had said about her, because in his mind ... she was perfection.

I warned him about her for a year, he even know who she was, but chooses to push that aside. He always thought maybe he could 'change her'. In reality that means he'll change himself so she'll like him.

Me and him became the best of friend, I would tell him everything - but when I started to put my guard down, I could sense discomfort in my skin. He stopped saying a word to me, and focused more on her. When she wasn't there, I comfort him. Now she's here .. where am I?

I'm upset that he would stop and choose her in a heart beat, before me .. his friend. My guard has become twice as strong because of him. The things he might tell her, the things .. my secrets.


Good bye old friend, hello lesson.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't find an email address on your blog, and I know it's fairly new. I wanted to know if you would be willing to give me the name 'deliberated.' It was my blog name for the past few years along with my google account name, etc. I changed it to "deliberated writer" (http://www.deliberatedwriter.blogspot.com/) the other day, but now none of my friends or family can find it! I'd be glad to give you deliberated writer. Please let me know.
    Thanks! (kesparza22@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes!
    You can surely have it back. Oh I'll email you, since you probably won't read this.

    ReplyDelete